9 Facts About Seals.
1. Seals only spend about 20% of their time on land. The only time you're likely to catch site of a seal is when it's lounging on a beach, but in fact... they only come to land to breed, to escape predators, or in the case of the elephant seal, shed their skin.
2. Seals are highly intelligent. These curious animals show many signs of complex cognition. They employ impressive means to find food and escape danger, and have been known to push drowning pets to safety. Sadly, their great intelligence is often exploited for the purposes of entertainment.
3. Seals are mammals. It's obvious they are, but the milk that the mother provides for the pups is 50% fat. This accounts for their impressively quick growth. Despite their chilly habitat seals are also warm-blooded relying on large layers of fat known as blubber to keep warm.
4. There are 33 different species of seals. The largest of these is the Elephant Seal, weighing up to 8,000 pounds! At a mere 150 lbs the ringed seal is the smallest cousin. All species give birth to their young on land.
5. Seals can sleep underwater... After all, they sometimes spend months at sea. Some can stay underwater for up to two hours, by slowing their heartbeat to preserve oxygen.
6. ... While some can dive up to 3,000 feet!
7. Seals are protected by international law. Traditionally, humans hunted seals for their meat, but they are now protected under international law and not are currently listed as an endangered species. However, they are still commonly kept in captivity. World Animal Protection believes they belong in the wild. But the elephant seal was once on the brink of extinction. In the 19th century, the elephant seal was hunted almost to extinction for its blubber, which produced oil. But from a colony of only 100, the population returned to around 160,000 today.
8. Seals are carnivores. Feeding mainly on fish, squid, seabirds, shellfish and crustaceans, seals have a carnivorous diet. Some (such as the Leopard Seal) even eat other seal species.
9. They communicate with each other. Seals can communicate with each other effectively, using clicking and trilling noises. Different noises perform unique functions, from defending territory to warning other seals of incoming danger. A mother will create an instant bond with her pup by calling out to it.
Facts about Jupiter.
Jupiter is the fourth brightest planet in our Solar System. Only the Sun, Moon, and Venus are brighter. It is one of the five planets visible to the naked eye from Earth.
The ancient Babylonians were the first to record their first sightings of Jupiter. This was around the 7th or 8th century BC. Jupiter is named after the king of the Roman gods. To the Greeks, it represented Zeus, the god of thunder. The Mesopotamians saw Jupiter as the god Marduk and patron of the city Babylon. Germanic tribes saw this planet as Donar, or Thor.
Jupiter has the shortest day of all the planets. It turns on it's axis once every 9 hours and 55 minutes. The rapid rotation flattens the planet slightly, giving it an oblate shape.
Jupiter orbits the Sun once every 11.8 Earth years. From our point of view from Earth, it appears to move slowly in the sky, taking months to move from one constellation to another.
Jupiter has unique cloud features. The upper atmosphere of Jupiter is divided into cloud belts and zones. They are made primarily of ammonia crystals, sulfur, and mixtures of the two compounds.
The Great Red Spot is a huge storm on Jupiter. It has raged for at least 350 years. It is so large that three Earths could fit inside it.
Jupiter's interior is made of rock, metal, and hydrogen compounds. Below Jupiter's massive atmosphere (which is made primarily of hydrogen), there are layers of compressed hydrogen gas, liquid metallic hydrogen,and a core of ice, rock, and metals.
Jupiter's moon Ganymede is the largest moon in the Solar System. Jupiter's moons are sometimes called the Jovian satellites, the largest of these are Ganymede, Callisto and Europa. Ganymede measures 5,268 km across, making it larger than the planet Mercury.
Jupiter has a thin ring system. It's rings are composed mainly of dust particles ejected from some of Jupiter's smaller worlds during impacts from incoming comets and asteroids. The ring system begins 92,000 kilometers above Jupiter's cloud tops and stretches out to more than 225,000 km from the planet. They are between 2,000 to 12,500 kilometers thick.
Eight spacecrafts have visited Jupiter. Pioneer 10 and 11, voyager 1 and 2, Galileo, Cassini, Ulysses, and New Horizons missions. Other future missions may focus on the Jovian moons Europa, Ganymede and Callisto, and their subsurface oceans.
Jupiter's Great Red Spot.
Situated 22° south of Jupiter’s equator, the Great Red Spot is a storm that has been raging for at least 186 years. In fact, upper estimates suggest that this red and turbulent storm could have been in existence for over three and a half centuries. A giant red spot was seen on Jupiter in the seventeenth century, when telescopes first started to be used. However, it is unknown whether this is the same red spot that we see today, or whether Jupiter has had many such storms that have come and gone as the centuries pass.
The red spot circulates anticlockwise and takes six (earth) days to rotate completely. Another mystery surrounding the red spot is what makes it red: scientists have come up with several theories (for instance, the presence of red organic compounds) but as yet nobody knows for certain. That will be a question for future astronomy!
Jupiter’s atmosphere is special because it is the solar system’s largest planetary atmosphere. It is made up of hydrogen and helium, in roughly the same proportions as are found in the sun. However, it also contains much smaller amounts of other space gases, such as ammonia, methane and water. 90% of the atmosphere of Jupiter – a huge proportion – is made of hydrogen. It would be impossible for humans to breathe in this atmosphere. So, if you are thinking of travelling to space to do some hands on astronomy research, you would have to wear a breathing suit when visiting this planet.
If you had your luggage packed and ready to leave your home for vacation, where would your heart take you and why?
Do you agree or disagree that homeless citizens and children should get the same treatments and care as any other citizen who may have a home or job? In Canada, at least 200,00 citizens experience homelessness in any given year, 150,000 are resorting at a nearby shelter, and rounded off to 30,000 are homeless every night. In the United States, about 564,708 people are homeless, and over half a million people were living on the streets, vehicles, homeless shelters, or in transitional housing. They do not have the proper diets and nutrition, and struggle to keep warm as well as keep good hygiene due to lack of necessities from Society.
So what do you think? Should the homeless be able to get more chances for a better future, and should we offer more of our support and education?
1. What My Girlfriend Thought, First four Dates:
1. Nice shirt.
2. Wow. A second nice shirt.
3. OK, first shirt again.
4. He has two shirts.
2. What do you call a blonde with 2 brain cells?
3. Two blondes were on their way to Disneyland and came to a fork in the road. The sign read: "Disneyland Left."
So they went home.
4. What do you get when you put 50 lawyers in a room with 50 lesbians?
One hundred people who don't do dick.
5. Two elephants meet a totally naked guy. After a while one elephant says to the other: “I really don’t get how he can feed himself with that thing!”
6. Two police officers crash their car into a tree. After a moment of silence, one of them says, “Wow, that’s got to be the fastest we ever got to the accident site.”
7. At a disco:
-He: “Wow, what’s a cute girl like you doing in a corner all alone?”
-She: “I had to fart.”
8. At a psychiatric ward: “Doctor, what should we do with the new guy in room 6? He believes he’s a wolf.”
-Doctor: “Whatever you do, don’t let his grandmother visit!”
I used to love this cereal and look forward to it for breakfast. It tasted like a real product and was happy with it. However now it is a darker yellow and honestly tastes like Captain Crunch. The combs feel hollow inside when you chew. Yuck! It's disgusting and yes I managed to save the milk I poured before the sick taste contaminated it. I'm not wasting money on this cereal any more. Not even the chance of winning a Nintendo switch can make me buy this garbage, sorry Post, you lost a honeycomber.
Kyle D. Gerber
Can there be a Dark Souls 4 and the answer is yes. The creator of Dark Souls, Hidetaka Miyazaki, said that Dark Souls 3 is the last installment of the franchise and that he wanted to pursue new games. Don't blame him but why would you throw such a great franchise away? Some say change is good and some also say if your good at something stick to it. Namco Bandai Games is good at making Dark Souls games so stick with it! If they had a survey for who would give their left testicle or breast for Dark Souls 4 I bet you would have a line as deep as the ocean.
Is Dark Souls a good game? The answer is that if I was there in person and your name was Steven and i'm standing right beside you, I would literally scream in your ear, yes it is! That being said anyone who hasn't played the game is missing out. The graphics are sensational and the game play is spectacular. I've never played such a game in it's genre that hooks you the way it does. And its so dam hard! Anything can kill you and there is no mercy! However, the game has challenge and that is what makes the game unique. If I rated the the last Dark Souls , which is the 3rd one, I would easily give it and 9/10 hands down!
So will there be a Dark Souls 4? Well if I am correct, the studios recent games haven't done as well as hoped with branch off projects. That being said, they will probably realize they have made a mistake and develop a DS4. It only makes sense after all, just like Halo 3 was supposed to be the last however there was a 4th installment. Sure it was made by a different company like 343, which I found the game to have good resemblance to Bunjie's take on the game. I do believe that in time we will see a Dark Souls 4 and when it does happen, they can happily have my money!
By Kyle D. Gerber
I am messaging you to say how much I enjoyed you this morning. I hope we can keep the same routine going as you always come brewed for me, just at the right time too!
You are the best with 2 cream and 2 sugar. Sometimes I get that one cup and wonder if I should tell my fiance' about it, when I don't though it feels like i'm cheating... with coffee. Gotta love how McDonalds has their $1 coffees on. Such a blessing for me as now its 2 for 1. They sure have good coffee and who knows if I will return to Tim's after its over. This must be what people mean by hard choices in life..
But Coffee, you sure make me happy in ways only crushed, ground up, butt-tasting beans taste could, but when your all hot and steaming into my cup I feel light headed and blushing. But in a good way of course. I have so many great songs I play in the car singing with you in my right hand. Songs like Perfect by Ed Sheeran, You Don't Know Your Beautiful by 1D or my favorite... Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship. .......Sorry, was re-living that splenda moment, see what I did there? To get out of those tear jerking moments I just think of Starbucks coffee then I vomit in my mouth a little but then the sight of a old McDonald's coffee cup makes me warm inside. Coffee please don't let me go as I promise no tea or woman will ever get between us because coffee....I love you!
Your best Sipper, Yours truly, and forever faithful...xox
Kyle D. Gerber
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.